I will be using the book a call to die by David Nasser for this as well as some personal favorites that I like to use. This is to help you find a way that works for you so that you can start to hide Gods word in your heart.
- Read it five or six times
- Memorize it in segments, a phrase at a time.
- after the first, go to the second one.
- then say both together to be sure you don’t forget the first part. keep going until you have the whole thing.
- Write eat segment as you get it clearly in your mind
- then write each verse when you have the verse learned.
- Memorize it exactly
- memorize it exactly as it is written, even the punctuation. if you get it down exactly you will be more likely to remember it.
- Write it
- write it on a card and put it in your pocket. Look at it several times a day to reinforce it in your mind.
- Practice with a partner
- Meditate often on the verses. Use them as guides for your prayers. let the word of God sink deep into your heart so it changed your attitudes and actions.
- Be Diligent
You can also go to Scripture Typer and use that as a memorization tool.
Memorizing scripture is important because that can be how God speaks to you throughout the day and how the Holy Spirit can give you the words to say when witnessing to someone. The Holy Spirit can also use this to help you through tough times. and like Psalm 119: 11 says “I have hidden your word in my heart so that I may not sin against you.” Gods word can bring conviction to you when you need it. If you think memorizing verses from the Bible then please see this post as well.